Drake Guardian Elite 6 Layer 4-In-1 Waist High Wader With Tear Away Insulated Liner
This systems approach results in 4 various ways to wear the wader:
1) Insulated Duck Hunting Wader
2) Uninsulated Duck Hunting Wader
3) Insulated Non-Camo Fishing Wader
4) Uninsulated Non-Camo Fishing Wader
This new wader provides 6 levels of protection to keep you warm and dry throughout the year: The base fishing wader utilizes Drake’s Guardian Elite 3-Layer Pro Waterproof/Breathable wader fabric. The outer protective, removable camo bib delivers 2 more layers of protection, plus HD3 reinforced fabric placed over the boots, knees, and seat area extends the life of your waders, year after year. The Guardian Elite 6-Layer 4-in-1 Waist-High Wader with Tear-Away Liner is backed by 2-year repair or replace “Strap-to-Sole” warranty plus “Extended Life” USA repair service facility on all Guardian Elite waders only.
- 100% waterproof/windproof/breathable Guardian Elite 3-layer fabric treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellant)
- Drake's Fowl-Proof YKK zippers
- NEW Reinforced taped seams with up to 75% needle hole reduction from previous models
- NEW Tear-away insulated liner (body-mapped 125g LokDown insulation in the front and 200g LokDown insulation in the back)
- NEW Protective, removable zippered outer camo bib
- 1600g Thinsulate Buckshot Mudder Boot
- No-Buckle, X-Crossing-Back Shoulder Straps
- Additional Size Options (Short & Slim, Regular, Stout, and King)
- Improved Materials & Construction
- Large Front Cargo Pouch
- Vertical Call Pocket with Magnattach
- Vertical Pocket with Fowl-Proof Waterproof Zipper
- Against-the-Body Handwarmer
- Horizontal Shell Loops
- Articulated Knees with Hydro-Flex
Ratings & Reviews
too tight in the boot
by Capt Dave
I returned these - the collar you must push your foot thru at the ankle to get into the boot is too tight. I get that you want it tight so the boot wont pull off in thick mud but it was really difficult to force my feet in them and getting them off was tough too. When on the top of my foot was compressed by the top of the boot - this will be uncomfortable for long time wearing and likely to hurt circulation and may cause feet to get cold.
Difficult to put on and off.
Boots are very tight in the instep therefor they are very difficult to put on and off. All the extra layers also make the waders quite difficult putting on and off. The removable thermal lining is unique although somewhat difficult to put back in once it is removed. I returned them and bought the regular wait waders in one size larger that I usually wear.