WhistleBack Wildlife Food Plot from BioLogic was designed by wildlife managers to be planted on the edge of your deer plots in spring/summer to help struggling wild quail populations. Designed for quail hunters, wildlife managers and people who remember what it once was like to have wild birds. WhistleBack is not a quick fix, but if you have wild quail, help them and enjoy their nonstop whistles in the summer and early morning whistles in the fall and winter. This plantings sole purpose is to create diversity on your property and help wildlife. Todays modern farming practices and the way we manage for whitetail deer oftentimes leaves the wild birds with little to feed on. Research shows they do respond to habitat improvements. Do your part and plant BioLogic WhistleBack. Spring and summer planting and utilized in the fall and winter. Also good for doves, ducks, pheasants and wild turkeys.
BioLogic Whistleback Details:
- Supported Species: Whitetail Deer, Wild Turkey, Waterfowl, Upland Birds
- Northern Zone: Spring
- Transitional Zone: Spring, Summer
- Southern Zone: Spring, Summer
- Coverage: 40 lbs. per acre.
- Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
- Amount of Sunlight: Full sun
- Soil pH: 5.8 to 7.0
- Fertilizer: 150 lbs of 10-10-10 per acre.
- Primary Usage: Expect utilization by birds in the fall and winter.
- Soil Type: Will grow in all soil types pending adequate soil moisture is available.