The Avery HexaBumper Hunting Dog Training Dummies are the first in training bumper innovation in years! The HexaBumper's design eliminates many of the disadvantages of traditional round bumpers and holds up to the daily routines of pro trainers!
- Six flat sides for easier hold
- Raised VGrips promote superior hold
- Valveless design will never take on water
- Firm bumper reduces chomping tendency
- Flasher produces hi-vis strobe effect
- Throw rope included
- 2 inch and 3 inch diameter models
is the most common bumper because it is visible on most background.
is used when the HexaBumper's trajectory is on a brightly lit background such as the mid-day sky.
is used for blind retrieves since dogs cannot distinguish it.
is perfect for mark training! Alternating panels create a strobe that is visible to dogs on most backgrounds.
2 inch HexaBumpers:
- Fine for normal training of large dogs.
- Easier for young or small dogs to retrieve.
- Great when training with a lot of bumpers.
3 inch HexaBumpers:
- Great for long marks as used in field trials and hunt tests.
- Perfect size and weight to condition dogs for real ducks.
- Easier for dogs to see at much further distances.
Round up your bumpers and store them in a bag or bucket as the end of each training session. A bumper that is lying around becomes an invitation to a young dog to chew on. Not only is this negative reinforcement to your dog's mark training, but it is almost sure to get you an expensive and unnecessary trip to your vet's office. It you keep it simple, you‘ll avoid complications.
Your dog can't mark what he can't see so be fair to him by selecting the appropriate color bumper for each scenario. Training saturations change often and can vary from one mark to the next in the same set up so make sure you have several of each color bumper when you head out for training. This simple rule of thumb will help you maximize your training time and efficiency.