Venison Pepper Steak
Submitted by: Eric H. - TX
- 2 Pounds Deer Sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cube Beef Bouillon
- ¼ Cup Hot Water
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can Stewed Tomatoes, with Liquid
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Sprinkle strips of venison with garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Brown the seasoned venison strips in vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and stir in onion, green peppers, and stewed tomatoes and cook for three to five minutes, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until disolved, then mix in soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and salt until dissolved. Pour over the items in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over a bed of rice.