Submitted by: Connie - MN
- Cooking venison with a fattier meat like Italian sausage really brings out the venison flavor while keeping it from getting too dry
- 1 lb ground venison (or cubed venison steak, or lean ground beef, bear or other game)
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 Cups (1 pound) dry beans, soaked overnight (I use equal parts small red beans, Great Northern beans, black beans and pinto beans)
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions (about 1 medium)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 10 Tbsp Chili Powder (yes 10)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- Hot Green Peppers, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa or 1 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Small Bottle Heintz brand chili sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Slice venison 1/4 inch thick and 6 inches long.
- Place the bacon on top of the venison androll it and place a toothpick through the end.
- Marinate the meat in the Allegro either after it's rolled or the venison alonebefore you roll it.
- Marinate for 24 hours or vacuum to decrease the time.
- Grill the meat until the bacon is done to your satisfaction, Enjoy!