• 1/2 goose breast
• Soaked cherry wood chips
• 1 pound fresh tart cherries, pitted
• 1 orange, zest and juice
• 1 cup red wine
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• Season goose breast with salt, pepper, onion and garlic
• Put in barbeque or smoker with wet cherry wood chips.
• Smoke for 1-2 hours depending upon your barbeque.
• The goose should be medium when done.(If you need to,
it can be finished in the oven or over a regular barbeque
• Zest orange and set aside. While goose is cooking put
cherries, sugar and orange juice into sauce pan.
• Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer until cherries
are soft and break up a bit. The glaze will get very thick.
• As the goose breast becomes done, add the one cup of red
wine and allow it to simmer to incorporate.
• Slice the goose breast and smear with the cherry compote.
• Sprinkle the zest over the top of the warm goose and sauce
and enjoy. (I typically serve a nice green salad and some
roasted veggies with this dinner as the goose is very