Submitted by: Karrie P.
- 12 oz Pork Sausage
- ½ lb Sliced Shrooms
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1-6 oz Box Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Pheasant, deboned
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 ¾ Cup Chicken Broth
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Slivered Almonds (toasted)
- Saute sausage and drain. Saute onions and mushrooms in sausage grease.
- When nearly done, add water chestnuts .
- Squeeze lemon juice over mixture.
- Cook rice according to package.
- Make a white sauce with flour, butter, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Lightly toss pheasant, sausage, rice and mushroom mixture.
- Pour sauce over and toss again.
- Bake at 350º for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with almonds before serving.