Crock Pot Goose Meat Tacos
Submitted by: Dale - CA
- One Large Goose Breast or Two Snow Goose Breasts provide feeds 10 to 14 tacos
- 3 Bay Leaves Two Dashes of Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Water
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Lettuce or Cabbage
- Hot Sauce or Salsa
- Coat the breast with flour and brown it in afrying pan that has been oiled.
- While the meat is browning place ¼ cup of waterin a crock pot and turn the temperature on high.
- Chop the onion into small squares and set to the side.
- Add 3 Bay leaves, two dashes of allspice, a 1/2tea spoon of Worcestershiresauce and some pepperto the crock pot.
- Once the meat is well browned, on each side, place the meat in the crock pot and cover.
- Place the onion and some oil into the frying pan that was used for browning the meat.
- Cook the onions until they turn clear.
- When the onions are done use a garlic press to add one clove of garlic.
- Cook lightly and stir it into the onions.
- Add a ¼ cup of water to the onions and allow the mixture to simmer so all of the browned meat will come loose from the bottom of the pan.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape the browned meat away from thepan,when the meat is loose place the entire mixture into the crock pot.
- Leave the setting on high for one hour then turn the setting tolow and leave the meat to cook for another 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot when the meat is done.
- Once the meat is done place the mean on a cutting board and use two forks to separate the meat into fibers.
- Separate out the connective tissue that is in the middle of the breast.
- Place the shredded meat back in the juices that are still in the pot.
- Salt and pepper the mixture to fit your taste.
- This may be used immediately or it will hold in the refrigerator for several days.
- Warm the tacos then place some meat down the center.
- Add cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Finely shredded cabbage may be substituted for lettuce.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or salsa and enjoy your taco dinner.