Light reflecting off lens surfaces diminishes image quality. So Leupold engineers developed their own proprietary lens coating system Multicoat 4, to keep image quality pristine. Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 3-9X40MM Rifle Scope's Multicoat 4 greatly increases the amount of all available light that reaches your eye, while at the same time, it minimizes the reflections of the sky on the outer eyepiece. You’ll never be able to control the light, but with Leupold’s Multicoat 4, you can always make the most of it.
While Leupold still waterproofs other optics with bone-dry nitrogen, select models feature an exclusive, proprietary Argon/Krypton gas blend. Its advantages are twofold: it nearly eliminates the effects of thermal shock, and the Argon/Krypton molecules are significantly larger than nitrogen molecules, reducing the diffusion of gases sealed inside your scope even more than proven nitrogen technology already does. Leupold pioneered riflescope waterproofing, and now with Argon/Krypton they're exceeding the standards they set for themselves.
Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 4-12x40MM Rifle Scope Specifications:
- Actual Magnification 4.50 x 11.50 x
- Linear Field of View (feet/100 yard) 20.40 ft 9.70 feet
- Linear Field of View (m/100 m) 6.60 m 3.10 m
- Eye Relief (inches) 4.90 inches 3.70 inches
- Eye Relief (mm) 125.00 mm 95.00 mm
- Weight (oz) 14.90 oz
- Weight (g) 422.00 g
- Objective Clear Aperture (inches) 1.50 inches
- Objective Clear Aperture (mm) 39.00 mm
- Elevation Adjustment Range 67.00 moa
- Windage Adjustment Range 67.00 moa