Ultra Forage Planting Suggestions
1. Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to create a clean, level, firm seedbed.
2. Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a balanced 13-13-13 fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
3. No till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 9 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging or cultipacking.l Plant 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep in good moisture. Avoid planting too deep, disking to cover is not recommended.
4. Ultra Forage can be planted in spring in Northern Zones although some plants may peak before fall. Mow spring plots to about 8 inches tall in late summer and fertilize in late August or early September.
- Seed Content: R-Raptor Hybrid Brassica, Clover and Chicory
- Planting time: All zones fall
- Zone 1 and 2: Spring
- Seeding Rate: 9 lbs. per acre
- Planting Depth: 1/8 to 1/4 inch
- Fertilizer: Use a balanced fertilizer like 13-13-13 or similar and apply at 200 to 300 lbs. per acre