Thompson Center Omega Muzzleloader .50 Cal., 28” Round Barrel, 209 Primer Ignition, Stainless with Composite Stock.
Simplicity Is Elegance
Its sleek profile and its “sealed pivoting breech” lever action design make this muzzleloader one of the simplest on the market…Simple to operate; Simple to clean.
Sealed Pivoting Breech Design
The Omega’s unique action operates by using the forward motion of the trigger guard lever to pivot the breech block downward, allowing easy access to the 209 primer pocket. Once primed, the lever is pulled rearward, raising the breech block and sealing the breech. This closed breech design seals the 209 primer away from rain, snow or sleet.
Simple To Operate
Once the Omega has been loaded and primed, firing the rifle is accomplished by merely cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger. The patented hammer and trigger mechanism permits the hammer to make contact with the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled fully rearward. Like all hammer guns, getting the Omega into action is fast!
Faster And Easier To Clean
Cleaning the Omega is as simple as it gets. Pivot the breech block down; unscrew the breech plug; clean. No further disassembly is necessary. No bolt to remove, no barrel to remove and the stock can be left on.
The Omega is a closed breech muzzleloader, which protects the 209 primer from foul weather. Its sealed breech plug is specifically designed to avoid the problem of crushing Pyrodex Pellets, which could cause a misfire.
Magnum Capabilities For Long Range Shooting
The Omega can handle 150 grains of Black Powder or Pyrodex equivalent, or three 50 grain Pyrodex pellets. With its 28" barrel, it burns magnum charges with maximum efficiency, producing higher velocities over standard length barrels. This translates into flatter trajectories and increased down range energy.
- Caliber: .50 Caliber
- Ignition: 209 Shotgun Primer (sealed pivoting breech)
- Barrel: 28" w/Quick Load Accurizer Muzzle System
- Rifling Twist: 1 in 28" Twist for sabots and conical bullets
- Overall Length: 42"
- Weight: 7 lbs. (approximately)
- Sights: Adjustable metal rear sight with Fiber Optic inserts; metal ramp front sight with Fiber Optics.
- Trim: Sling Swivel Studs
- Stock: Composite or Laminated Buttstock and Forend.
- Extra Features: Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Loading: Accepts magnum charges of up to 150 grains of FFG black powder or Pyrodex equivalent (or 3 of the 50 Grain, 50 Caliber Pyrodex Pellets).