What makes the Swhacker Crossbow Broadheads different from the rest? The unique blade design provides you with two separate cutting edges. The first set of edges, also known as the wing blades, are used for cutting the hide and the first set of ribs. These blades are also used to open the broadhead, and are much smaller than the main blades. They take the most punishment by cutting through the hair, dirt, hide, and bones during entry. The smaller blades take less energy to penetrate through the first side than an open on impact broadhead.
These wing blades also provide a load bearing surface for the ferrule during impact.The second set of edges, or the main blades do not touch anything during the initial penetration. They still have virgin edges when they open in the body cavity. This allows the main blades to remain razor sharp for the internal organs.Tech
- Blade thickness .031 inch Stainless Steel,
- 1 inch wide closed, 1 3/4 inches wide open,
- Length of head from insert to tip 1.850 inches
- Ferrule Diameter at insert .350 inches
- Ferrule 2024-T4 Aluminum
- Tip Hardened Steel hollow ground (threaded on)
- Screw 4-40 x .250 Grade 8 steel.