Swarovski EL Binoculars
The Swarovski 8.5x42 WB EL - Ergonomic Light - Binoculars combine maximum functionality, innovation and design. The unique wrap-around grip enables comfortable operation even with one hand. Low weight and excellent balance make light work of long observation periods. The sophisticated top-class optical system delivers high-contrast, lifelike image quality.
In the EL series, Swarovski Optik uses high-quality technologies such as the SWAROBRIGHT coating for maximum color fidelity across the whole light spectrum or the SWAROTOP and SWARODUR coatings for bright, high-contrast images. The non-stick effect of the SWAROCLEAN coating on the outer surface of the lens makes cleaning objective and eyepiece lenses considerably easier, above all when removing dried-on mineral residues - e.g. water marks due to condensation - insect repellents and tree resin. The lenses require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of optical products.
The EL binoculars combine maximum functionality, innovation and design. The unique wrap-around grip enables comfortable operation even with one hand. Low weight and excellent balance make light work of long observation periods. The sophisticated top-class optical system delivers high-contrast, lifelike image quality.
The EL 42 which has won multiple awards as the world’s best binocular particularly because of its outstanding, diamond-bright optic is perfectly suited to practically all situations with its classic 42 mm objective lens diameter. Thanks to its legendary wrap-around grip, the large focusing wheel and its thumb rests, the EL 42 offers the most perfect ergonomics of its class.
The EL 8.5x42 with its exit pupil of almost 5 mm and its diamond-bright optic even stands out for birdwatching in poor light conditions. Due to its large field of view, these binoculars are ideal for observing interactive behaviour and for searching for birds.
- Objective lens Ø (mm):42
- Exit pupil Ø (mm):4.9
- Exit pupil distance (mm):18
- Field of view at m/1000 m / feet/1000 yards:130 / 390
- Field of view (degrees):7.4
- Field of view with eye glasses (degrees):7.4
- Subjective field of view, apparent (degrees):62
- Shortest focusing distance (m/feet):2.5 / 8
- Dioptric compensation (dpt):±3
- Interpupillary distance (mm/in):56-74 / 2.2-2.9
- Twilight factor acc. to DIN 58388:19
- Length approx. (mm/in) [with eyecups twisted in]:165 / 6.5
- Width approx. (mm/in):123 / 4.8
- Height approx. (mm/in):64 / 2.5
- Weight approx. (g/oz):820 / 28.9
- Snap Shot Adapter model:S2