Smith's is proud to introduce the Diamond Edge Pro Electric/Manual Knife and Scissors Sharpener with Edge Pro technology featuring interlocking diamond wheels in combination with manual sharpening elements. It provides a broad capability to sharpen multiple blade types and edge conditions. This one product allows you to easily sharpen extremely dull blades, maintain razor sharp edges on both straight and serrated blades & sharpen common household scissors. Edge Pro Technology features interlocking diamond wheels which delivers fast and precise sharpening of both sides of your blade at the same time. This reduces the amount of time needed to sharpen your knife, leaves no micro-burrs on the edge and assures equal treatment of both sides of the knife edge. Currently Interlocking Diamond Wheels can only be found on commercial grade sharpening machines. The Diamond Edge Pro will sharpen straight edge knives of alloy, carbon, or stainless steel in the electric sharpening slot. It is designed to sharpen your finest cutlery and other common kitchen knives. Do not attempt to sharpen any blade that does not fit freely into the electric sharpening slot.
Diamond Break-In Period: The initial aggressive cutting speed of the interlock diamond wheels will slow with use and at the same time the abrasive finish will improve. Do not be confused by this break-in process because it is normal and should be expected. The diamond wheels are "breaking in," NOT wearing out. It produces a "hollow ground" edge that is a time-tested and preferred -edge configuration because it offers the perfect compromise between sharpness, edge performance, and edge retentions.
- Adjust 2 Speed allows you to control the sharpening process and ensures professional results every time. Low speed for knives that need just a quick touch up and high speed for knives that require more metal removal to restore the edge.
- Pull 2 Lock Scissors Sharpener for Both Right and Left-Handed Scissors and sharpens both sides of your scissors at the same time. The "floating" ceramic rods adjust to the proper sharpening angle of your scissors.
- Edge Alignment Slot restores proper edge alignment on extremely dull or damaged edges. Crossed carbide cutting heads create a preset angle that sharpens both sides of the knife at the same time. This is recommened for use on very dull or damaged edges only.
- Honing/Serrated Edge Slot with extra-fine triangular ceramic stones put the final, finished edge on your blade.
- Additional SmartSharp Features:
- Rubber Hand Grip
- Non-Slip Rubber Feet
- Magnetic Collection Strip for Metal Filings
- Wheel Abrasive: Diamonds
- Wheel Grade: Medium Grit