Preston Pittman Xciter Turkey Diaphragm Call has light triple reeds with a cutter cut. This call is great for cutting and cackling.
Diaphram Call/How to Use:
- Place caller in roof of mouth with reed pointing out. ALWAYS exhale air; NEVER inhale air through mouth. Exhale through mouth; inhale through nose.
- Hold in place by the back or middle of tongue – not the tip. If it tickles the tip of your tongue, move the caller further back. DO NOT PLACE TOO FAR BACK AS CHOKING MAY RESULT!!!
- The two ways to achieve the two notes of the basic hen yelp are; apply more (high note) or less (low note) tongue pressure or drop jaw slightly.
- Always keep caller away from direct contact with sunlight or heat.
- For maximum rasp keep reeds separated by placing toothpicks or spacers between reeds.
- To preserve caller, store in refrigerator between hunts. Between seasons place in box or bag and put in freezer.
- All multi-reed callers may be tuned. By letting some reeds stick together a different sound is achieved. The proper way is the long reed up, or tab touching the tongue.