The new Field R1 comes into its own on those cool autumn afternoons, when everyone else is indoors watching football. Made with ultralight, 6.3-oz stretch fleece, the Patagonia Mens Long Sleeved R1 Field Shirt moves with you and takes the chill out of the air. Highly water repellent reinforced shoulders, forearms and hem provide enhanced durability and ward off light showers or dew-soaked vegetation. When you’ve put enough miles behind you to heat up, the Field R1 compresses down for easy packability. Versatile, tough and comfortable across a wide temperature range, the Field R1 raises the bar for fleece insulation.
Patagonia Mens Long Sleeved R1 Field Shirt Features:
- 93% recycled polyester, 7% spandex provides exceptional warmth and wicking ability
- Reinforced shoulder, forearms and hem for durability and water resistance
- Highly breathable, stretchy and packable
- Zip-neck closure; front-zippered left chest pocket
- 6.3-oz 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex fleece. Reinforcements: 96% nylon/4% spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 467 g (16.5 oz)
- Made in Colombia
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. They were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people's health.
Today, they're able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.