Veteran miners helped develop the new LaCrosse Longwall Metatarsal Leather Mining Boots with many features such as GORE-TEX lining and a triple-stitched, abrasion-resistant upper. This boot features a non-metallic toe, a Flex-Shield II midsole, and a floating MetFlex metatarsal guard that meets or exceeds certified ASTM impact standards. The protective rubber heel and toe are abrasion and chemical resistant. Includes 360 degree reflective paneling for visibility.
100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX liner is engineered to keep your feet dry, comfortable and never sweaty -even in extreme conditions. The microporous structure of the GORE-TEX makes the boot completely waterproof. Each microscopic pore is 20,000 times smaller than a drop of water, which means no external moisture or water can penetrate the membrane. The pores are also 700 times bigger than a water vapor molecule, so perspiration can easily evaporate through and you can stay dry from the inside out.
For years, many outdoor enthusiasts have selected Thinsulate Insulation because of its performance characteristics. Extremely thin and very lightweight, Thinsulate& trade insulation maintains most of its insulating characteristics when wet. The insulation is made up of thousands of tiny microfibers that trap miniscule pockets of insulating air space, providing cold weather protection.
The specific Vibram design and placement of this outsole\'s multi-directional lugs offer maximum traction and stability over various terrains, including wet and cold conditions.
- GORE-TEX lining for the ultimate in comfortable, breathable waterproof protection.
- Vibram 1276 outsole is specifically designed for comfort and durability. The heel provides lightweight comfort as well as superb shock absorption. The compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- 200 grams of Thinsulate Insulation offer lightweight warmth for those needing protection in cooler climates.
- Welt construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot.
- Non-metallic toe, Flex-Shield II midsole and floating MetFlex metatarsal guard all resist the transfer of heat and cold and all meet and exceed ASTM F 2413 M 1/75 C/75 Mt/75 EH PR.
- Knurled rubber rand at the forefoot and heel for added protection and abrasion-resistance.
- 2.0-2.2mm of waterproof leather.
- Triple-stitched upper for durability.
- Reflective paneling for safety and 360 degree visibility underground.
- Removable Fatigue Fighter footbed for cushioning comfort.
- 10 inches high