- Hornady’s JHP-XTP Pistol Ammunition starts by meeting the demands of the hunters and shooters who design the cartridges. Carefully chosen components matching brass, powder, primer and the Hornady XTP and fully encapsulated FMJ bullets all come together to achieve top accuracy and performance. Hornady’s Custom handgun ammunition is all that you’d expect from Hornady: Hard hitting, deadly, accurate and proven. Try some in your favorite handgun today.
Hornady's pistol ammo delivers both accurate and dependable knockdown power. Included in the features are select cases that are chosen to meet unusually high standards for reliable feeding, corrosion resistance, proper hardness, and the ability to withstand maximum chamber pressures along with primers that are chosen for their ability to quickly, completely, and reliably ignite the powder charge.
Controlled Expansion XTP bullets are famous for their ability to expand reliably across a wide range of velocities.
The XTP bullet was specially built to withstand incredible velocities, and still deliver controlled expansion and weight retention.
Special features in the nose facilitate and control expansion on impact.
- All Hornady Custom pistol ammo is loaded with either the famous Hornady XTP (Extreme Terminal Performance) bullet. Both are supremely accurate, and both deliver dependable knockdown power.
- Select Cases: Hornady produces much of the brass for Hornady Custom pistol ammo. All other brass is chosen to ensure it meets our unusually high standards for reliable feeding, corrosion resistance, proper hardness and the ability to withstand maximum chamber pressures.
- Powder: Each powder is matched with each load to ensure optimal pressure, velocity, volume, consistency from lot to lot, and accuracy. We use only the highest quality powder, and each new lot is double-checked for consistency.
- Primers: Like the powder, each primer is carefully matched to its load. All are chosen for their ability to quickly, completely, and reliably ignite the powder charge.