Handy Throttle Converter is a thumb throttle converter that can be used on 4-wheelers, jet skis and snowmobiles that have standard 7/8 inch handle bar and thumb throttles. All 4-wheelers come with a thumb throttle. If you ride one for any extended amount of time your thumb becomes sore, achy, and sometimes numb. Holding on to the handle bar, a person must apply pressure on the thumb lever (thumb throttle) to accelerate the vehicle. The faster the driver wants to go, the more pressure he must apply to the throttle.
The Handy Throttle Converter allows anyone to quickly and easily switch from a thumb throttle to a twist throttle. The new Handy Throttle does not change the mechanical function of the thumb throttle. Therefore the driver can revert back to the factory throttle by simply removing the Handy Throttle. Not only is this a benefit for sore thumbs, but it also assists people with arthritis and similar diseases, because they can usually grip enough to use the Handy Throttle when they may not be able to use their thumb to accelerate. Made of a high quality ABS plastic that withstands extreme temperatures and is resistant to UV rays. Once installed, the Handy Throttle can be covered with a rubber grip that is supplied with each Handy Throttle.
NOTE: The Handy Throttle will not work on snowmobiles equipped with a lever throttle.
Handy Throttle Installation Instructions
A. Inner Bushing
B. Thumb Sleeve
C. Outer Bushing
D. Textured Grip (not shown)
1. Remove existing rubber grip from throttle side of handle bars. If glue residue is left on the handle bar, scrape it off.
NOTE: If there is rubber on the existing thumb throttle it should be removed as well.
2. Loosen clamp bolts or screws on the thumb throttle housing so it slides in or out when gentle pressure is applied. This allows you to obtain clearance for free rotation of the handy throttle.
3. Slide Part A - Inner bushing over the metal handle bar until it rests against the throttle housing. It may be necessary to use a screwdriver and pry the inner bushing gap open to get it started.
4. Slide Part B - Thumb Sleeve over the handle bar and the inner bushing. This should slide on without any resistance.
5. Position Part B with the Plastic thumb against your throttle lever and hold it in that position.
6. To install Part C the Outer Bushing.Spray a light coat of glue on the inside of Part C, (we recommend Duro All-Purpose spray adhesive). Line up the alignment marks on Parts B and C. You may need to pry the gap open on Part C to get it started.
7. After bushing is started on the handle bar, tap it into position, flush with end of metal handle bar with a block of wood and a hammer.
8. When Properly installed Part C should be flush with the end of the handle bar. Part B should stick out slightly from the end of the handle bar. Part B should stick out slightly from the end on the handle bar. Check to see if the Handy Throttle rotates back and forth with ease.
9. If the throttle binds, gently tap Part B inward. This will properly position the existing throttle housing, which will give the appropriate amount of clearance within the Handy Throttle. The throttle should operate with ease. .If the handy throttle seems too loose, tap the throttle housing out ward to take up the slack. Again check to see if the handy throttle rotates freely.
10. After Handy Throttle is properly adjusted tighten the thumb throttle housing.
11. To install the rubber grip, spray in inside of the grip with glass cleaner to lubricate. Slip textured grip over Part B. The grip should go on with some resistance. Once grip is in place the cleaner will evaporate and the grip will remain in place.
12.NOTE: If you purchased the additional matching grip then do not remove the existing grip. The matching grip should be placed over the existing grip.
Mack's Prairie Wings is not responsible for typographical errors in pricing or product specification inaccuracies in our web site. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2004-2014 - Mack's Prairie Wings, Inc. - All rights reserved. Site Developed and Maintained by Ability Commerce
Copyright © 2004-2013 - Mack's Prairie Wings, Inc. - All rights reserved. Site Developed and Maintained by Ability Commerce