The Garmin eTrex takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld. The eTrex is versatile, tough and built to handle whatever Mother Nature has in store.
See The Way
- The Garmin eTrex 10 has an enhanced 2.2 inch monochrome display while the eTrex 20 has a 65K color, sunlight readable display. Durable and waterproof, the eTrex is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its legendary toughness to withstand the elements. Doesn’t matter if it is dust, dirt, humidity or water. None are a match for this rough and tough navigator.
- With a variety of compatible mounts, eTrex is designed for use on ATVs, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
- The eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to lock on to a position is approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
Keep Your Fix
- With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Love geocaching? The Gramin eTrex supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Plan Your Next Trip
- BaseCamp, software enables you to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. This free trip-planning software displays topgraphic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription as well as geotag photos, or associate them with specific waypoints.
Included are eTrex, USB cable and Manual
Features on eTrex 20:
- With its microSD card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex lets you load TOPO 24K maps, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. Garmin’s eTrex also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps.
65K Color Display
Garmin eTrex Features:
- Stores data in universally accepted GPX file format so its compatible with a variety of PC applications; best when used with Garmin's free trip planning software, BaseCamp.
- Includes a worldwide basemap, improved interface and added support for spine mounting.
- Withstands the elements - dust, dirt, humidity or water.
- Locates your GPS position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
- Mounts easily in ATVs, boats, bicycles or cars - compatible mounts sold separately.