Garmin Astro 320 Bundle Dog GPS System with DC50 Collar pinpoints your dog's position and shows you exactly where he is on a bright color screen. The Astro system has features such as increased range and battery life, more durable antenna, a simplified user interface and must-have mapping capability and easy to use interface.
The Astro system GPS includes the Astro 320 handheld unit and the DC50 transmitter collar with an orange polyurethane strap. The DC50 features top mounted GPS and GLONASS receivers and a steel VHF antenna. Switching to rescue mode reduces the refresh rate in order to preserve battery life, giving you more time to look for a lost dog. Plus, the collar lock creates a 4-digit PIN number that helps prevent others from seeing your dog’s location. This is a useful feature in field trials to ensure that an Astro is used only as a recovery tool when a dog in competition becomes lost. Bark Detection lets you know your dog is barking even if it’s out of audible range, a crucial feature for treeing hounds or running hounds that cover a lot of ground, even in heavy cover.
Astro GPS Dog Tracking System has a microSD card slot so you can load TOPO U.S. 24K maps for land elevation contours or City Navigator NT map data for a turn by turn routing on roads. The Astro 320 supports Birdseye Satellite Imagery so you can download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. (Subscription required)
Garmin Astro 320 Bundle Dog GPS System with DC50 Collar Features:
- 9-mile range with steel VHF antenna attached to a DC50 (shorter antenna included for smaller dogs)
- 20% more battery life when updated Astro 320 is paired with DC50
- Battery preserving rescue mode
- Track up to 10 dogs at a time (with purchase of additional dog devices)
- Top mounted, high sensitivity GPS and GLONASS
- Advanced mapping with optional BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and TOPO maps
- Customizable dog display