The Flextone Magnum Strutter Box Turkey Call is a handcrafted and laser engraved call made from select walnut and oak, with a cherry top. The quality doesn’t stop there. Each call is then carefully hand tuned to ensure that you get perfect turkey sounds straight out of the package. The magnum strutter has been designed as a two sided box that will give you all the sounds of a hen turkey, from a raspy old hen to a young sweet hen. With a little practice you can even produce the gobble of an old Boss Tom.
- Handcrafted Custom Box made from select Walnut and Oak, with a Cherry top
- Hand Tuned for EASY out of the package Performance and Perfect Turkey Sounds
- Double Sided Box produces Old Raspy Hen Sounds on one side and Clear Sweet Hen Sounds on the other
- Produces Cutts, Yelps, Cackles, and even Gobbles
- Michael Waddell is arguably the most popular figure in the outdoor industry today. A winner of numerous turkey calling competitions, Michael only puts the best to use when he’s in the field. That’s why he is a proud endorser of the Flextone line of calls. Michael is also a proud spokesman for the National Wild Turkey Federation, dedicated to the conservation of the wild turkey and the preservation of the hunting tradition.
- Yelp: The yelp is the basis for most of the other calls you will want to make. To produce this sound slide the top across the side of the box softly and with one long quick stroke (around 3/4 to 1inch) Cluck: To produce a cluck, shorten the stroke to only about 1/4 inch. To accomplish this, place opposite hand’s thumb to the inside of the lid while gently applying slight resistance to lid. Take other hand and tap the lid from the other side, striking the lid towards the middle of call and towards thumb that’s touching lid. This will provide quick yet short clucks and will consistently move lid approximately only 1/4 inch for perfect soft clucks.
- Cutts: Similar to a cluck but with a more rapid motion and a little more friction in a downward direction.
- Tree Call: The tree call is good to use early in the morning and consist of 2-3 very soft short yelps.
- Mating Call: This call can be used anytime of the day for locating and calling an Ol’ Wily Tom. This call consists of 3-6 yelps in a row.
- Assembly Call: To imitate the sound of a lost hen use 10-15 yelps in a row varying volume and intensity. Great for fall hunting, locating, and calling.
- Cackle: To produce this call start with a series of 4-6 cutts then slowing to 3-5 yelps. Use this call to simulate a hen flying down from the roost.
Care and Maintenance: Protect call from excessive moisture and heat. Condition the friction surfaces of the call with the supplied chalk.