Hevi Shot Speed Ball 20 Gauge 2 Shot Shotgun Ammunition
New from Hevi Shot - Hevi Shot Speed Ball 20 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition. Hevi-Shot ramps up the velocity with its Speed Ball waterfowl load. This great load will have the same concept of the Hevi Metal loads with layering the shot, but will far exceed the performance of Hevi-Metal. The shotshells are constructed with a layered shot technology. A charge of copper-clad steel pellets sits at the base of the shell, topped by a layer of Hevi-Shot. The benefits of this load will be more velocity without increasing chamber pressure, higher pellet count in your pattern than HEVI-shot, and nearly matching the lethal energy of HEVI-shot. The new shell takes its name from the Speed Ball, a ball at the base of the wad that accelerates the pellets without raising chamber pressures.
This new Hevi Shot shot shell out-patterns any other shell on the open market. The new Speed Ball ammo will come out of the box smoking at 1635 and 1650 velocity rates. By the case.
The benefits to the hunter:
Higher pellet counts in the 30-inch circle than you get with HEVI-Shot. Nearly matches the lethal energy of HEVI-Shot, pellet size for pellet size, out to 60 yards (but far exceeds the energy of anything else).
Hevi Shot Speed Ball 20 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition - by Case Specifications:
- 10 rounds per box, 10 boxes per case
- 3 Inch 1 ounce shot
- 2 Shot
- Speed Ball - an elastomeric ball in the base of the wad that accelerates pellets without boosting chamber pressures (patent pending).
- MV² pellet that sits in the base of the shell - copper-clad, steel-core pellets that are Heavier Than Steel but with a soft, dense outer copper layer fuzed to the steel, metallurgically. This gives Speed Ball about 22 times the copper thickness of copper-plated lead or steel; you just can't get this kind of copper thickness without the proprietary technology Hevi Shot is using. The copper raises the density of the pellet. Patent pending. Copper plating puts a copper coating on the pellet that is roughly 1/6 of the thickness of a sheet of paper.
- HEVI-Shot layer on top. 6 existing patents.
- Uses the layer technology of HEVI-Metal, the density of Heavier Than Lead and Heavier Than Steel, and the new Speed Ball technology to get really fast speeds safely.