DPMS Panther Tactical Rifles focus on precision. These tactical rifles are the most accurate rifles on the planet. These weapons are used around the world by law enforcement agencies, military personnel, big game hunters and world class competition shooters.
Some of the features of the DPMS Panther AP4 Carbine 308 Tactical Rifle are a 4140 chrome moly steel AP4 contour 16 inch barrel.
The upper receiver is an A3 style flattop, thick walled, extruded from 6066 T6 aluminum. Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black. The shell deflector and forward assist is machined as one unit, standard sight base, right hand ejection and dust cover.
The lower receiver is milled from solid billet of 6061 T6 aluminum with hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and also teflon coated. Integral trigger guard and aluminum magazine release button. Each rifle comes with standard AR-15 trigger group.
Bipod Not Included
Method of Operation
- 16 Inch Length
- 4140 Chrome moly steel AP4 contour barrel
- 6 grooves, right-hand 1x10 twist, button rifled
- 308 Panther Flash Hider
Bolt and Carrier
- Gas operated rotating bolt
- 8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec
- Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated and plated per Mil Spec
Weight and Length
- Standard A2 front slight assembly
- Detachable carry handle with A2 rear sight included (older models have FT-RS detachable rear sight)
- Weight empty: 8.25 lbs
- Length Extended: 38 inches
- Length Collapsed: 34.25 inches
- A3 style Flattop
- Thick Walled, extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum
- Hard Coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon Coated Black
- Shell Deflector and Forward assist machined as one unit
- Dust Cover
- Right hand ejection
- Standard sight base
- Milled from solid billet of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
- Integral trigger guard
- Aluminum magazine release button
- Standard AR-15 trigger group
- AP4 - 6 position, telescoping fiber reinforced polymer
- Carbine length ribbed free float tube
Mack's sells firearms in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws regarding firearm transfer and ownership. To purchase firearms online, please check your local and state laws and then complete the steps listed in our instructional guide on How to Purchase a Firearm Online
. Guns must be purchased separately from all other items and transferred through an FFL dealer (no international shipments). Most gun orders ship within 24 business hours of MPW's receipt of all necessary paperwork.