Case Medium Stockman Yellow Folding Pocket Knife
The Case Medium Stockman Yellow Folding Pocket Knifewill help you get the job done right - and they're hard to lose in the woods, thanks to their bright color.This Stockman knife has 3 blades - a clip, spey and sheepfoot. Clip blade length: 2 1/2 - Spey blade length: 1 5/8 - Sheepfoot blade length: 1 7/8 - 3 5/8 closed - 6 1/8 open - Weight: 2.5 Constructed of studey Chrome Vanadium seel.
Case Medium Stockman Yellow Folding Pocket Knife Specifications and Features:
- Plain clip blade
- Plain spey blade
- Plain sheepsfoot blade 3-5/8 inches closed
- 2.3 ounces
- Chrome vanadium
- Nickel silver bolsters
- Yellow synthetic handle
- Macuturer factory warranty
- The clip blade is a classic shape and very practical. Its name describes a shape that seems to have a portion of the spine of the blade clipped off. This brings the blade point lower for extra control and enhances the sharpness of the tip. It provides ample belly in the blade for slicing or skinning and a good tip for inserting in and under things that need to be cut. You will often find a false edge with the clip point.
- A spey point blade (once used for speying animals) has a single, mostly straight edge that curves strongly upwards at the end to meet a short, dull, straight clip from the dull back. With the curved end of the blade being closer to perpendicular to the blade's axis than other knives and lacking a point, making penetration unlikely, spay points can be suitable for skinning.
- A sheepsfoot blade has a straight edge and a straight dull back that curves towards the edge at the end. It gives the most control, because the dull back edge is made to be held by fingers. Sheepsfoot look like a sheep's hoof. Chrome Vanadium - Chrome Vanadium which is used for many different types of tools because when heat-treated it has excellent properties such as strength, toughness, and resistance to wear and fatigue.