BioLogic Winter Peas Deer Food Plot - 10 Lbs
BioLogic Winter Peas Deer Food Plot is an additional fall planting blend of extremely attractive cool tolerant peas that establish quickly and provide lush attractive forage. Whitetails are strongly attracted to this planting and have been known to destroy these plots with browse pressure. This makes Winter Peas an excellent plot for bow season and early rifle season. Their attraction cannot be denied.
NOTE: Sorry, this item is not available to our Canadian customers.
BioLogic Winter Peas Deer Food Plot Details
- Supported Species: Whitetail Deer
- Northern Zone: Late
- Transitional Zone: Late, Fall
- Southern Zone: Fall
- Coverage: 10 lbs. per half acre
- Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
- Amount of Sunlight: Partial to Full Sun is best-at least 6 hours per day
- Soil pH: 6.0 to 7.0
- Fertilizer: 350 lbs of 9-24-30 per acre
- Protein: Average protein content of approximately 25%. Will vary depending upon the stage of growth
- Nutrition: Average protein content of approximately 25%. Will vary depending upon the stage of growth
- Primary Usage: Expect Usage Shortly After Germination
- Soil Type: Will grow in all soil types pending adequate soil moisture is available
- How to Plant: Broadcast in a well prepared seed bed and cover with 1/4 inch of soil. Be certain to soil test and follow instructions for lime and fertilizer. If a soil test cannot be performed we recommend at least 300 lbs. of BioLogic phFertilizer per acre. Be certain to use a utilization cage to monitor usage.
- When to Plant: Winter Peas can be planted in the fall/late summer along with traditional fall planted food plots