This Benchmade 890 Torrent Knife designed by Ken Steigerwalt makes for a perfect everyday carry. Contoured G10 handles, polished, deep pocket clip and a textured handle spacer looking sort of like file work make this a stylish item. The Benchmade 890 Torrent Knife is a nice full size folder with an appealing simplicity.
Benchmade 890 Torrent Knife Features:
- Nitrous Assist Allows for Quick, Reliable Deployment
- Lightweight Everyday Carry
- Overall Slim Profile
- Blade Length: 3.60 inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.100 inches
- Blade Material: 154CM Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-61HRC
- Blade Style: Modified Drop Point; Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
- Weight: 3.50oz.
- Clip: Tip Down Carry-Clip
- Lock Mechanism: Locking-Liner with Nitrous Assist
- Handle Specs: Black G10 Scales; Tip Down Carry-Clip
- Handle Thickness: 0.60 inches
- Overall Length: 8.20 inches
- Closed Length: 4.60 inches
- Made in USA
154CM Stainless Steel
An American made premium grade stainless steel originally developed for tough industrial applications. Known for its best all-around qualities, it offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
Modified Drop Point
A slow convex-curved drop in the point characterizes a drop-point blade. The drop-point format lowers the point for control but adds strength to the tip. Usually coupled with plenty of belly for slicing, this format is often used for hunting knives. It is also a fantastic all-around blade format.
Locking-Liner with Nitrous Assist
Another patented Benchmade exclusive, the Nitrous boosts the blade with ease. As the blade is closed the two torsion arms which run the length of the handle liners are secured in place and make contact with the blade tang. As tensioned against the blade tang, the user rotates the blade open to a 30-degree angle, the torsion arms take over and continue the blade opening process on its own. The huge advantages to the Nitrous design over other similar concepts, is that the blade must be rotated open to beyond a 30-degree angle, which offers added user control.