GHG Pro Grade Life Size Snow Goose Decoy Shells will give you the monster spread you have always wanted. Featuring a 5/8 body design, these decoy shells offers full body effect to approaching birds. Bodies stack for maximum space efficiency and the Seamless bodies will never crack. One dozen Motion Stakes included. One dozen decoys per carton
Body and Head Assortments:
Actives: 4 of each adult head style & 2 of each juvenile head style
Feeders: 4 of each adult head style & 2 of each juvenile head style
T&T 2007 Spring Snow Goose Hunts!
Just as they did in the spring of ’06, Avery Pro-Staffers Tony Vandemore and Tyson Keller dedicated an entire month to hunting and studying Snow geese during the Missouri and South Dakota Conservation Order season. Incredibly muddy conditions caused them to change from the huge decoys spreads of 1,500 full bodies they used in ’06 to no more than 400 decoys in ’07. What they found out will blow your mind!
Hunters: Tony Vandemore, Tyson Keller, Aaron Eich, Ben Fujan, Trent Schaefer & Clint Roby
Days hunted: 28 Total harvest: 3,756 (2253 Snows & 1,503 Blues) Percentage of adults harvested 65% Number of rounds fired: Over 10,000
- Extremely muddy conditions limited mobility – spreads could not be moved daily.
- Permanent spreads of 300 to 400 decoys yielded a 130 bird/day harvest.
- Highest success rates were on early spring hunts over 300 decoys.
- New 5/8 shells were tested and proved to be the difference for mobility in mud.
- The largest spread used was 400 decoys - 2/3 full bodies and 1/3 shells.
Video: See the most incredible snow goose hunt ever filmed - 24-7 Gone for the Season!