The Avery Floating TUFF Dog Parka is designed to offer your dog the ultimate protection from cold water, chilling winds and ice. Constructed from incredibly strong yet pliable DuraStretchTM neoprene, the TUFF Parka covers your dog's most vital areas and offers protection from sharp ice, sticks and other underwater debris. Two closed-cell foam floatations help maintain your dog's buoyancy on long retrieves. The heavy-duty zipper and neoprene zipper protector keep the TUFF Parka firmly in place.
- Available in 3mm or 5mm neoprene
- DuraStretch is the toughest outer fabric available
- 16 cubic inches foam floatation
- Heavy-duty molded nylon zipper
- Easy-grip cold weather pull tab
- Velcro Torso Adjuster & zipper protector
- Tapered design for maximum coverage
- Double tacked seams for customization
- Glued and stitched just like waders
- 5 time-tested sizes to fit any dog
can be deadly so know the symptoms and be prepared to administer treatment.
Mild symptoms include violent, uncontrolled shivering, followed by lethargy and shallow breathing. Severe stages include 97 F rectal temperature, or lower and severe lack of coordination followed by collapse and or coma.
Dry the dog completely, and thoroughly. Wrap him in jackets, or coats, use whatever you can use to raise your dogs body temperature. Once you have gotten your dog out of the elements...use a hair dryer, heating pads, or a warm bath. Seek veterinary care as soon as rectal temperature is above 101.5 F.